Since August 2016, content has been produced to give Orbital Velocity a basic functionality. Currently, about two blog posts are produced a week and content has been created for spacecraft that currently service the International Space Station.
In 2017, while various visiting vehicle pages will continue to be expanded, more topics will be added, such as space station module descriptions and overviews of past expeditions.
As Orbital Velocity gains more funding, more people will be brought on to help produce even more content at a faster rate. If you like what you see here and want to contribute financially, visit the Orbital Velocity Patreon page. If you can, give whatever you feel is fair. Any amount helps.
If you can't contribute with dollars, but have ideas or skills and are interested in helping produce content, visit the About page and send a message.
Goals for 2017
- Finish overview videos for all current spacecraft: Progress, Cygnus, Kounotori, and Dragon
- Finish specifications, history and video overviews for past and future space station vehicles
- Increase blog posting to 3 times per week
- Create a newsletter (either weekly or monthly) to send via email
- Create full vehicle entry for the Dream Chaser Cargo System
- Create space station overview page with info on each module
- Start script and begin filming History of ISS series!
- Contract with a part-time freelance writer or video editor
- Add an orbital map and video on front page
- Create an Expeditions page with info on all past expeditions and an entry for the current expeditions
Create a catalog of space station racks and their histories.
Create a list, with bios, of astronauts that have flown to ISS
Produce a 3D model fly-through of ISS
Have and idea?
Do you have an idea to improve Orbital Velocity, but don't see it listed here? Visit the About page and send a suggestion!